Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 118

Things are winding down... i'm in my last week of training before the race. training is down to the minimum. full super taper mode is in effect.

I've been reading different theories on tapering... some say 3 weeks others two... some say take it easy and others say cut milage and but not intensity. I guess different methods work for different people (different folks different strokes as my imaginary grandpa might say). I'm just trying to judge by how I feel to determine the best method for me, but since I'm a newbie at this it's hard to say if I'm succeeding.

Four miles on the schedule today. Hal says three but i'm juggling the schedule to four today and three tomorrow since I did my final sorta long run on Saturday instead of Sunday. I also decided that I'd run this at moderate to hard intensity since my legs are feeling a little restless from the lack of running!

Distance: 4 miles (plus .62 mile, 6 minute cooldown)
Duration: 29:44
Pace: 7:27
HR Avg/Max: 152/169
notes:
First mile I hit in 7:41, second in 7:30, third in 7:37, and the last in 6:55. This last "hard" run provided a good confidence booster. This pace is close to my near full out 3 mile training runs from 4 months ago, except now the pace feels fast but relaxed instead of exhaustive. Its amazing how much progress you can make in 4 short months... Hopefully nothing compared to what I can do in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment