Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 119

Second to last training run...

Distance: 3.27 miles
Duration: 26:35
Pace: 8:08
HR Avg/Max: 148/161
notes:
Tried to get out early so I could see what the cold felt like (45 degrees)... I warmed up pretty quickly and it wasn't too bad. Of course it was also sunny.

I'm thinking that if it's raining on Sunday then it might suck a little bit... but hey, you can't control the weather so there's no point in worrying about it... And in some ways it could be fitting if we wind up running on a cold rainy day in Chicago since the running season really felt like it started at the Shamrock Shuffle in the freezing sleeting cold. Its like everything has come full circle.

I guess now that the training is pretty much over I'm going to use the next few days to reflect on all I've gone through so far... hopefully quantifying my efforts will help me build the confidence I need going into Sunday's race.

- 18 weeks
- average of 31.13 miles/wk
- 537 miles
- 76 hours, 16 minutes, 9 seconds of running
- average HR of 148
- average pace of 8:26
- 69,685 calories burned
- 161.8 miles (30% of training) run at marathon pace or faster
- 87.9 miles (16% of training) run at half-marathon pace or faster
- 3 runs of 20 miles or longer
- 4 runs of 30K or longer
- 15 runs of 10 miles or longer (41% of training)

So here I am... seems like decent training for a debut marathon... hopefully at least a good baseline for my future career in running.

No comments:

Post a Comment