Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 29

Day 29 and the beginning of week 5. Week 4 was particularly tough and Sunday's 11 miler was brutal. I was exhausted all day yesterday. I was irritable, depressed, and pretty much completely physically and emotionally drained.

But what a difference a day can make! I took an ice bath yesterday. Spent the rest of the day off my feet. Got a good night sleep. Ate some good food. And today I feel like a new man. I plan on making this week an "easy" week in prep for the half marathon at the end of it. Pretty much will try to get my mid-week runs in at a comfortable pace. And then cut my saturday run down to an easy 2 or 3 miles. I figure I'll really be pushing it pretty hard on the half marathon so that should pretty much cover my VO2 threshold training for the week.

Besides my training, Ethan Zeman will be heading to St. Louis on Wednesday to volunteer for the All-Star fanfest. Hopefully I'll be in charge of running some of the kids games which should be fun and also allow me to get some exercise, but I won't know till I get there.

After St. Louis I'll be off to California for a week so hopefully I will be able to get my training runs in. Luckily it'll be an easy week, plus we'll be headed to some national parks so if all goes well I should do some pretty awesome runs!

Today is a cross training day so I'll probably try to get on the bike and maybe lift some weights.

Also, since I'm feeling pretty good and it's the beginning of week 5 I'll use this time to reflect on my training so far.

Total Distance: 95.4 miles
Total Duration: 13:34:04
Total Pace: 8:32
Total HR Avg/Max: 148.7/190
notes:

97 more days till Chicago and 14 more weeks of training. Week 4 was the toughest week so far but I think week 5 and 6 will go more smoothly and then I'll be a third of the way there. I haven't lost any weight yet which I think is paramount if I want to get any faster but hopefully as the miles increase I can also start focusing more on diet and the weight will start to drop off. There's still a lot of time so I'm not too worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment