Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 73

Lately my training has been lacking some focus. My runs have been laboring and I've been dreading leaving the house. In light of this I decided that today I was going to just get out, take it easy, and enjoy the run.

The weather couldn't have been much better considering its the middle of August. 69 degrees with a breeze. I took off at a recovery pace for the first four miles averaging 9 min/miles and keeping the heart rate at about 130. Along the way I saw a beaver!

At the four mile mark I started to heat up from the sun and my heart rate slowly started creeping, but I felt good and pushed the pace a little.

Mile 6 had a tough hill and I really charged it getting the heart rate up to 176. After this I coasted it in all the way home.

Distance: 8.60 miles
Duration: 1:16:05
Pace: 8:51
HR Avg/Max: 137/176

No comments:

Post a Comment