Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 81

The pace is on!!! I was supposed to take the day off of running today, but I couldn't resist doing a little something because I think that I finally settled on a pace for my marathon. 8 minute miles, for a 3:30 marathon. I've been contemplating this for a while now and the McMillan running calculator has me right on this pace based on my 1:40 half marathon time. For the longest while I was thinking that this was way too fast, but I had a recent boost in my fitness level as the training starts to pay off so I think I'm going to go for it. Still not sure if I'll actually attain this goal, but I think it will be a good challenge.

With this new plan in mind I decided to go out for a quick 2 mile run to test my new pace. So I set my Garmin for 2 mile/ 8 minute pace and took off.

Distance: 2.0 miles
Duration: 15:59
Pace: 7:59
HR Avg/Max: 143/155
notes:
Pace felt good although I had to keep speeding up and slowing down to get it right. Heart rate was at 144 pretty much the whole time except for when I climbed a hill near the middle of the workout which pushed it up to 155. Tomorrow's run is an 8 mile pace run, so then I'll really get to see what it's all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment