Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 79

Today I decided to attempt a time trial to see how my overall fitness is progressing. Initially I planned to run a fast 5 miler but at the last moment I decided that I really wanted to test my speed so I decided to run a 5k as fast as I could and then finish with a 1.9 mile cool down. Here's how it went.

Distance: 3.1 miles (5K)
Duration: 20:43
Pace: 6:41
HR Avg/Max: 164/180
notes:
I'm pretty psyched about the performance overall. 1st mile I hit in 6:25, 2nd in 7:00, and 3rd in 6:50. Considering I did this on a a hot day and on my own I'm beginning to think that I can break 20 minutes in a race... especially come fall. Hopefully I can test this theory come November after the marathon is over.


and the cool down...

Distance: 1.9 miles
Duration: 17:31
Pace: 9:13
HR Avg/Max: 155/169
notes: not a bad cool down either... heart rate stayed in the 150's but I felt very comfortable. Adding the times together I wound up running 5 miles in 38:28 which is a 7:42 pace which isn't that bad either...

time to go over to the mcmillan running calculator and see what my new 5k time gets me for my marathon prediction pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment