Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 83

Long run day... Hal says to do 13 today, but at this point of my training can 13 really be considered a long run?... I didn't think so and decided to run 15 instead.

Distance: 15 miles
Duration: 2:04:49
Pace: 8:19
HR Avg/Max: 139/169
notes:
When I started this run it was 58 degrees outside. Running weather for sure! Without the added stress of the heat I had no problems keeping the heart rate down, so I went out strong but relaxed. I hit the first 4 miles in about a 8:40 pace til i got to the first water stop. At this point I was warming up and decided to pick it up a little and hit the next 3.5 miles at an 8:28 pace. My goal for the first 7 had been to run it under an hour which I barely achieved. At the turn around point I was starting to really hit a groove so I picked it up some more running a 8:21 pace back to the water stop. After a quick drink of water I continued on to the last 4 mile stretch. I ran an 8:03 pace for the first 3 miles and then kicked it in for the last mile running a 7:21 final mile.

Ran turned out to be a 3/1 run with the last quarter of the run slightly faster than marathon. This was very encouraging, especially after a hard week of training. I think the weather and flat terrain played a big part in today's success and hope for similar conditions in chicago.

6 weeks til marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment