Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 85

First workout of week 13... less than 6 weeks to go... week 12 was amazing! I really felt like I hit a new level of fitness and my confidence soared... but what a difference a day can make.

After taking yesterday off I'm not nearly as confident as I was after Sunday. Off days just really don't play well in my world. Not sure why, but the day after an off day I really feel worse than any other running day. Probably psychological but it still sucks all the same.

For some reason I just can't shake a sense of impending doom today. I still have 3 weeks of hard training before my taper, and two 20 milers to run and it just feels like something is going to go wrong. I must be going crazy!

Anyway, nothing else to do then tell myself I'm crazy and go get my milage in.

Distance: 5.35 miles
Duration: 45:23
Pace: 8:29
HR Avg/Max: 144/163
notes:
started out easy and felt good the first two miles. Third mile felt a little laborious, but mostly just a mental block. 4th mile contained my favorite hill which was the reason that I run this course, which kicked the heart rate up to 163. 5th mile I cruised in and finally started feeling good about the run... found the zone by the end and didn't really want to stop, but figured I had a lot more milage to run this week so I better just follow the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment