Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 17


groan... I hate to say this but I actually miss the cold a little bit... My legs felt a little dead today.  The increased training and weekend race are starting to catch up.  The summer heat is not helping either.  But none of that is going to stop me, and you want to know why?  It's because Ethan Zeman is not a quitter, and when he sets a goal and has a plan he sticks to that plan and follow through until he reaches his goal!

Its 89 degrees today as I write this having just returned from my 5 mile... actually more like 4.3 mile run.  I seriously had plans on getting out early today.  I was up at 6 and ready to go, but the problem is that my trucks in the shop and I had errands to do around town so I had to ride my bike and I decided that I'd rather ride my bike when it was cooler.  Then after I got back from biking I didn't want to immediately start running... next thing I know it's three o'clock... the sun is beating down... the pavement is radiating heat... and I'm in the middle of a run just trying to get myself back home before I pass out from heat exhaustion.

Distance: 4.3 miles 
Time: 32:41
Pace: 7:34
HR Avg/Max: 163/179
notes:

This was supposed to be a hard run so I went out hard.  After about 2 miles I was beginning to regret going out in the mid-afternoon sun.  After 3 miles I was beginning to wonder if I'd make it home.  At this point I slowed down from 7:20 pace to 8:15 pace and my heart rate was still pushing up in the high 170's...  Normally I would add some extra looping around in the neighborhood to get my full 5 miles in but I figured that I'd worked plenty hard enough.  I ran into the house, slammed a couple glasses of cold water and jumped into a cold shower... after I got out I was still sweating!!!  Tomorrow I'm going out early... this time I mean it! 

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment