Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 2.

  5 miles today.  Hal says to run this one a little harder especially near the end.

Distance: 5.01
Time: 41:29
Pace: 8:16
HR Avg/Max:  160/188
notes: 

 Took it easy for the first couple miles... the second mile had a steep downhill and I concentrated on keeping my legs under control and keeping a good form to minimize pounding.  At the bottom of the hill I strode it out a little bit and felt a twinge in my left calf. I ran another .75 miles and still felt the twinge so I finally stopped and walked for about 20 meters.  The calf loosened up and I was able to resume running.  I'll try to learn a lesson from this and realize that sometimes its better to stop for a little bit rather than keep running through a muscle cramp!

At about the third mile of this run I come to a gradual uphill that lasts for about a half mile... I got to use my "I love hills" mantra that I stole from this slow marathon girls youtube video...  I tackled the hill well and sprinted up the last incline which got my HR up to 188 BPM.  I then finished the last 1.5 miles of the run at a strong steady pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment