Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 6

Today I get to run the last run of the week 1 schedule.  8 miles at long slow distance pace.  The real challenge is going to be making myself go slow enough... My legs are a little tired from yesterday but overall I feel pretty awesome.  I'm even looking forward to today's run!

In an unrelated note my resting heart rate hit 48 BPM this morning which seems to indicate that yesterdays reading wasn't a fluke.

____________________________________________________

Week 1 and done!!!!

Distance: 8.0 miles
Time: 1:14:47
Pace: 9:20 miles
HR Avg/max 136/162
notes:

Not too much to say... it felt pretty good considering I probably haven't run this far in over 10 years... I was able to keep my heart rate where it needed to be most of the run and after the first mile I fell right into the groove of the slow pace.  

The last 3 miles or so I picked up the pace slightly and the 7th mile at a pretty rough hill which got my heart rate up to 162 BPM even at a 10 minute pace... nice to have the running done for the weekend!  Hopefully I'll feel ready to go for my 3 miler on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment