Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 5

Glorious Day 5... There's a five miler at "race pace" today.  

I have to admit that my hips are feeling a little uncomfortable so I'm not sure if I'll make race pace.  I think I'll just go out easy for the first mile and then try to pick it up.

Also, its my first "morning" run... its already 8:00 am and I've been up for a while but I haven't eaten or drank coffee yet so we'll see if I notice any effect.  I'm thinking I need to start getting used to waking up and running since the races are all in the morning, especially on my long training runs.

______________________________________________

Distance: 5.0 miles
Time: 38:46
Pace: 7:45 min/miles
HR Ave/Mag:  149/176
notes:

Went out "easy" as planned which wound up being an 8:30 mile... My hips were stiff at first but loosened up by the half mile mark.  

My next three miles I pushed the pace up to 7:23 min/miles with a fastest mile of 7 minutes.

I then slowed back down to 8:30 pace for the last mile.  

My heart rate was averaging 160 BPM for the last 4 miles... the middle three miles were pretty painful but I pushed through.  Allegedly it was 66 degrees out this morning but it felt like my hottest run yet, probably because of the sun, the humidity, and the pushed pace... This definitely reenforces my concept of needing to run earlier in the morning, especially as summer approaches.

Also of interest... I put my heart rate monitor on before my run and was sitting around getting ready and I noticed my heart rate went down to 49 BMP which must be close to my resting heart rate... a few days ago I looked after laying around for a while and it was at 62 so it's either a false reading, or lower because I took it so early in the morning... either way, I'm curious to see where I'm at after I actually start training!

No comments:

Post a Comment