Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 104

Last of the long runs before the ultimate long run.

Distance: 22.4 miles
Duration: 3:17:53
Pace: 8:50
HR Avg/Max: 132/149
notes:
Started the run off pretty sore after yesterdays 10 miler but loosened up after about 3 miles. From there I pretty much cruised at about exactly a 8:50 pace for the entire run. I was even able to average 8:47 for the last 5 miles which was the first time I didn't have to slow down and fight my way in at the end of a long run. Definitely my best long run to date as far as being a confidence booster.

The conditions of the run were less than optimal. The first 12 miles went smoothly, but then it started to pour rain. I still had 10 miles left to go and the trail that I was running on became muddy and covered with about a inch and a half of standing water. My cloths were completely drenched and my shoes were waterlogged. The traction was terrible as well and I had issues getting good footing. On the bright side I think it made me run faster because I just wanted to get the run finished with as fast as possible.

52 miles logged this week and I'm feeling tired, but not injured. 3 more weeks to marathon time. The taper has officially begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment