Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 108

BLAH! Right now I'm fucking toast. My hard training has finally caught up to me and my legs feel like they've been beat with bats. Climbing stairs in a chore. Walking sucks.

Figured I'd better go easy today...

Distance: 6.18 miles
Duration: 55:00
Pace: 8:54
HR Avg/Max: 134/157
notes:
Sure enough. Legs are beyond dead. I'm like a running zombie. I was able to keep this run at a recovery pace mostly because I couldn't go any faster if I wanted to. Yesterdays speed work seems to of sucked any semblance of speed out of my body.

I'm not worried though. While technically I'm starting my taper this week I'm really thinking that I might be better off with a two week taper instead of the three weeks Uncle Hal proscribed. I'm still on course and have plenty of time to recover and if I can get myself refreshed after my last few weeks of training domination I should be an animal come marathon time!

No comments:

Post a Comment