Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 91-95

Temporarily out of commission :(

My right shin and left achilles tendon were bothering me so I figured I'd take Monday and Tuesday off to get some extra rest... I did and felt somewhat better on Wednesday. At this point I was in Wisconsin helping my mother clean out my grandparents apartment. After a day of working I decided to head out for a evening 5 mile run...

I set off but after the first mile disaster stuck!



Here's the image from my run... as you see I was running down Rosa road and everything was going good and then suddenly I took a round about detour... this is me running behind a bush to let out a monster, liquid, literal shit storm. Seems like I must of had food poisoning from dinner. I'll spare the details but I had to run home shirtless. I ran the mile back home and spent the next 2 hours on and off the toilet.

Thursday I was still pretty wrecked and Friday I spent the whole day moving furniture... so basically 5 days off in a row... not great timing, but at least I had a chance to let some of my aches and pains heal.

The achilles is still barking, but I think with some icing and stretching things will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment