Tuesday, September 15, 2009

day 99

Tuesday after a half-marathon... 5 miles at a "conversational" pace (not literally since I run by myself)...

Distance: 5.1 miles
Duration: 42:47
Pace: 8:23
HR Avg/Max: 143/154
notes:
My brain said yes but my legs said no! First mile hurt like hell but once I loosened up I felt much better. By 3.5 miles I was tired though. Had to run up a couple hills (even though this is my "flat" course) and those just about killed me. Last mile was mostly downhill and combined with the knowledge that I was almost done went smoothly.

In a side note, I started running while listening to audio books... I wasn't sure if this was going to work or not, but it turns out that it's not that bad for easy - moderate paced runs. It takes my mind off the run just enough help me ignore the bad parts (pain, fatigue) while still letting me enjoy the good parts (fresh air, freedom, my stride)... Don't think I'll try it for a hard run though, that requires too much focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment