Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 88

Should take the day off but I haven't been much for days off lately... hopefully my lack of rest won't catch up with me before the marathon.

My shin has been bothering me and I know I should be resting it, but a steady diet of ice and compression have actually been keeping it pretty well in check... It actually feels pretty good until I go out and run on it... after the run it's usually irritated and dully sore.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Duration: 25:44
Pace: 7:55
HR Avg/Max: 153/166
notes:
wanted to make this a marathon pace workout. i want to have a better feeling of what marathon pace is. did a good job of keeping pace, but the effort seemed pretty intense. it was also 15 degrees hotter than it has been so hopefully that had something to do with it. i can't say that I'm confident that 8 minute miles is really my marathon pace but I'll keep training like it is, at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment